Sunday 1 June 2008

Adnams East Green Carbon Neutral

I think it is great that Adnams have produced a Carbon Neutral beer, and hopefully more brewers will follow suit. I just wish the beer tasted nicer. As someone commented, "this was more flavour neutral than carbon neutral".
  • Name: Adnams East Green Carbon Neutral, 4.3%, England
  • Appearance: Golden brown. Little bit of white head.
  • Aroma: Sweet, quite fruity. Some malt.
  • Taste: Sweet, malt. Some hops. Quite standard.
  • Bought: Tesco, 500 ml, £1.43
  • Overall score: 3/6
  • Info: 31/5-2008

1 comment:

Charles Letterman said...

Luckily enough, my local pub is currently carrying East Green as one of its guest ales. Ignoring the tacky plastic (!) beer pump tag, I have to confess I supped a few pints last night, and admit that it's very nice - those in the know would probably call it a session beer.

However, as I awoke this morning a thought occurred to me, no doubt prompted by the actual reason I woke up so early. Adnams haven't thought this carbon neutral thing
through.

Methane is 25 times more potent than CO2 as a greenhouse gas.

Do I need to continue?

www.charlesletterman.com