- Name: La Choulette Ambrée, 8%, France
- Appearance: Brown, little head.
- Aroma: Malty, earthy.
- Taste: Spicy, bitter-sweet. Vinous fruits.
- Bought: Beers of Europe, 750 ml, £4.29
- Overall score: 2/6
- Info: 19/12-2005, 63/300, 40/500
Monday, 19 December 2005
My first ever Bieres de Garde, at 8% instead of the 7.5% as listed in the 300-book and the 500-book.
Saturday, 10 December 2005
- Name: Titanic Stout, 4.5%, England
- Appearance: Black (of course), not much head.
- Aroma: Burnt wood, little bit of coffee.
- Taste: Full, malty, smoky, long aftertaste.
- Bought: Sainsbury's, 500 ml, £1.73
- Overall score: 4/6
- Info: 10/12-2005, 62/300