Sunday 20 January 2008

Beautiful Bruges

We have just returned home from a weekend Eurostar-trip to Bruges, Belgium. It is a very pretty town and it is a fantastic place for beer lovers.

In our pretty standard hotel, Hotel de' Medici, I had the following beers:
At different lunch places I had:
At the Bierbrasserie Cambrinus their beer-book (!) includes around 400 beers and it is probably the best beer selection I have ever seen. I only had one beer there:


I couldn't believe they had this (and the Blond and the Extra) on the menu, and it was only €6.95 per bottle. I just had to have it... This is the third time I drink the 12, and it was unfortunately served too cold and it was probably a bit too young. Still very nice, though!

We also went on a brewery tour of De Halve Maan, which included a free glass of:
I am definitely coming back to Bruges - still need a few more beers for my collection! I didn't get around to go to 't Brugs Beertje this time around either. They have around 300 different types of beers and it is supposed to be even nicer than Cambrinus!

No comments: