Monday 21 January 2008

Beer Hunting In Bruges

I was looking forward to check out the beer shops in Bruges, and got a list of shops from Ratebeer, and prepared my 300/500 shopping list.

First up was Bacchus Cornelius in Academiestraat 17, but I was disappointed to discover they were not open:



Next up was The Bottle Shop in
Wollestraat 13, where I was met with the same thing:



Uh-oh, are all beer shops going to be closed in January? :-o


Getting slightly nervous, we walked past "2 be" in
Wollestraat 53, and they were at least open. The selection was quite good, but it seemed a bit expensive.

In
Philipstockstraat 7 I found Bier Tempel, and they have a good selection. The owner was very helpful, and I ended up buying 18 bottles from him.

We also more or less accidentally walked past Bier Paleis in
Katelijnestraat 25-27 which is a combined beer shop and souvenir shop. I hadn't planned to buy more beers, but I just had to buy Westvleteren Abt (12) for €6 and Westvleteren Blond for €5 as a gift for someone. Shame they didn't have Westvleteren Extra (8), but I guess I just have to come back for that :-).

No comments: